Thyme Maternity Best-dressed Contest
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST (the “Contest”). A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- All monetary amounts herein are calculated in Canadian dollars.
- The Contest is open only to individuals who are legal or permanent residents of Canada that are at least eighteen (18) years of age and have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except the directors, officers, agents and employees of Reitmans (Canada) Limited (the owner of the “Thyme Maternity” division) and all of its affiliated and associated entities and divisions (collectively, “Reitmans”), their respective advertising and promotional agencies and all members of their respective immediate families living in the same household and any other persons with whom they are domiciled. For greater certainty, it is understood that entrants who are minors in their province or territory of residence are not
- By entering the Contest, each entrant accepts the terms and conditions of these Contest rules and regulations (the “Rules”) and agrees to be bound by them. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- The Contest offer will be open online only at the Thyme Maternity Facebook Fan Page (the “Fan Page”), the whole as more fully set forth in Section 6, from November 9, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern time) until November 22, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern time) (the “Entry Deadline”):
- (A) In order to enter for a chance to win the two (2) Prizes (defined below), each entrant must, by the Entry Deadline:
- Go online and log-on to Facebook;
- Go to the Fan Page;
- Click on the Contest tab (the “Contest Tab”) where he or she will be redirected to the Contest page (the “Contest Page”);
- Fill in the online entry form by:
- voting for his or her favorite Thyme Maternity dress from among the number of dresses set out in Section 6.c), as applicable, that are displayed on the Contest Page (the “Dresses”);
- providing all required contact information;
- correctly answering the Skill-Testing Question (defined below) contained therein;
- checking-off a box confirming that he or she has read, understood and agrees with the Rules;
- only if he or she so chooses, checking-off a box indicating that he or she opts-in to receive notifications via e-mail about upcoming promotions offered by Thyme Maternity (for greater certainty, an entrant is not obligated to check-off the box in question and entry in the Contest is not conditional upon an entrant checking-off such box and opting-in to receive such notifications); and
- Click “Submit!”.
(B) Following the step 6(A)(e) mentioned above, a “Thank you” message will appear. An entrant will then have the option, in his or her sole and absolute discretion, to share the Contest on Facebook via a message appearing on his or her Facebook wall.
(C) With respect to step 6(A)(d)(i) above, from November 9, 2015 to November 22, 2015, an entrant will be able to vote for his or her favorite Dress from among fifteen (15) Dresses.
THE USE OF MULTIPLE E-MAIL ACCOUNTS, FACEBOOK OR OTHER ACCOUNTS, IDENTITIES, REGISTRATIONS, OR ANY OTHER METHODS OR TACTICS, INCLUDING AUTOMATED VOTING OF ANY KIND, TO VOTE MORE THAN THE LIMIT STATED IN SECTION 9 IS NOT ALLOWED. DETECTION OF THE FOREGOING WILL LEAD TO VOTES BEING VOIDED FOR THE ENTRANT IN QUESTION AND MAY LEAD TO THE DISQUALIFICATION OF THE ENTRANT AT THYME MATERNITY’S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION. AUTOMATED VOTING MAY INCLUDE MULTIPLE SUCCESSIVE VOTES ORIGINATING FROM A SINGLE IP ADDRESS OR LIMITED IP RANGE (INCLUDING THE USE OF MULTIPLE E-MAIL ADDRESSES OR FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS, WHETHER REAL OR FICTIONAL). WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THYME MATERNITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT EMPLOYING FRAUDULENT VOTING PROCEDURES OR WHO OTHERWISE TAMPERS WITH THE VOTING PROCESS SET FORTH IN SECTION 6.
- All eligible entries for the Contest must be received by Thyme Maternity by the Entry Deadline, must comply with the terms hereof and must have a correctly answered Skill-Testing Question. All entries become the property of Reitmans. Any entries by third parties, or generated by a script, macro or by any other automated means whatsoever (including, without limitation, any electronic, robotic or computer automated or automatic contest entry program, tool, service, script, bot, macro, system or software, whether commercially developed or otherwise), or that contain typographical errors, are altered, tampered with, incomplete, inaccurate, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with the Rules, will be considered null and void and will cause the disqualification of such entrant from the Contest. Repeated violations of the foregoing may render such entrant ineligible for future contests or promotions offered by Thyme Maternity and/or Reitmans. Odds of winning the Prize will vary depending on the number of eligible entries received by the Entry Deadline.
- Only one (1) entry (vote) per entrant per day is permitted (for a maximum of fourteen (14) entries in total in connection with the Contest). All additional entries will be disqualified. Without limiting the generality of Section 8, it is understood and agreed that all additional entries made by or for a single entrant, or any attempt by an entrant to make more than one (1) entry per entrant per day during each Contest Period, whether by using multiple e-mail accounts, identities, registrations, or any other methods, will be considered null and void and will cause the disqualification of such entrant from the Contest. Repeated violations of the foregoing may render such entrant ineligible for future contests or promotions offered by Thyme Maternity and/or Reitmans.
- One (1) prize (the “Prize”) will be awarded, consisting of:
- one or more gift cards (the “Gift Cards”) having an aggregate retail value of two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00) and which may be used at any participating Thyme Maternity store across Canada (the “Stores” and each, a “Store”); and
The maximum total retail value of the Prize is two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00). The Contest will have two (2) Prize winners in total (the “Winner”).
- For purposes of awarding the Prize, two (2) random draws will be conducted on November 26, 2015 (the “Draw Date”) at the head offices of Reitmans in Montréal, Québec at approximately 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) in order to select the Winners from among all of the eligible entries received by the Entry Deadline.
- For the purposes of claiming the Prize, the Winners will be contacted by e-mail within seven (7) business days following the Draw Date (the “Claim Date”). If a selected Winner cannot be reached by the Claim Date for any reason whatsoever, such selected Winner will be disqualified and deemed to have forfeited the Prize without any prize replacement, reimbursement or substitution of any kind whatsoever and in such circumstances, Thyme Maternity may decide, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select a new Winner by a random draw conducted by Thyme Maternity until such time as contact is made by e-mail with such newly selected Winner. Thyme Maternity will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected Winner for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation if any e-mail communication is unsuccessful, not returned or returned as undeliverable. If all or part of the Prize cannot be awarded to a Winner due to actions or circumstances beyond the control of Thyme Maternity (including if a Chosen Dress is no longer available at any store), Thyme Maternity may decide, in its sole and absolute discretion, to award a substitute prize (or substitute prizes) of equal or greater retail value.
- Thyme Maternity reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any entrant or Winner. In addition to the eligibility qualifications set forth in Section 3, a Winner must comply with the Rules and correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question (without the assistance of another person or mechanical device) (the “Skill-Testing Question”) included as part of the entry form referred to in Section 6(A)(d)(iii) and/or the Release (defined below) and/or administered by a representative of Thyme Maternity during a pre-arranged, mutually convenient telephone call and/or as otherwise may be provided by Thyme Maternity. In addition to the foregoing and in order to be eligible to receive the Prize awarded hereunder, the Winner may be required to execute a full release and affidavit of eligibility in a form to be provided by Thyme Maternity which, inter alia, relieves Reitmans from any and all liability for injury associated with the Prize or any component thereof awarded to the Winner, as well as satisfy any and all laws and regulations and other criteria required by the Winner’s province or territory of residence (the “Release”). Should the Winner not comply with the Rules, decline his or her Prize or any part thereof for any reason whatsoever, not claim the Prize by the Claim Date, incorrectly answer the Skill-Testing Question, not execute any required Release, or otherwise fail to satisfy any requirement or eligibility qualification contained herein, such selected Winner will be disqualified and deemed to have forfeited the Prize without any prize replacement, reimbursement or substitution of any kind whatsoever and in such circumstances, Reitmans will have no further obligation to the Winner in question and may decide, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select a new Winner as set forth in Section 12 and the terms and conditions of Section 12, Section 13 and Section 14 herein will apply mutatis mutandis to such newly selected Winner.
- The Winners will be entitled to be awarded his or her Prize on the date on which the eligibility qualifications of the Winners have been satisfied in accordance with Section 13 herein (the “Award Date”). The Prize will be sent to the Winners by registered mail or courier to the address provided by the Winners (a signed acknowledgment of receipt at the delivery location will be required) within one (1) week following the Award Date. Thyme Maternity reserves the right to modify, in its sole and absolute discretion, the method of delivery of the Prize described in this Section 14 in the event that it is not possible due to any cause beyond the control of Thyme Maternity. The name of the Winner may appear on the Fan Page and/or any other Thyme Maternity and/or Reitmans online social networking and media marketing web pages for no less than thirty (30) days following the Award Date.
- No cash, product substitution or prize equivalent will be permitted. The Prize cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other contest or offer. The Prize must be accepted as is, and cannot be redeemed for cash, prepaid cards or gift cards of any kind (including any other Gift Card(s)), in whole or in part. No component of the Prize may be returned after delivery. No rain checks will be provided. No refund or compensation of any costs or expenses incurred by the Winner will be made.
- If, by reason of a typographical or other error, more Prizes are claimed than the number set forth in the Rules, all individuals making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random draw to award the advertised number of Prizes available. No more than two (2) Prizes will be awarded in total in connection with the Contest.
- All expenses related or incidental to the receipt and use of the Prize, including any and all surcharges, fees, taxes (federal, provincial or local), and any travel or transportation costs (whether ground, air or otherwise), including between the Winner’s residence and any Store, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all fees, costs and expenses of any kind whatsoever not specifically stated herein to be the responsibility of Thyme Maternity and/or Reitmans, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner and no refund of or compensation for any such fees, costs and expenses incurred by the Winner will be made. The Prize and every component thereof is non-refundable, non-transferable and may not be reissued or revalidated in whole or in part.
- Reitmans will not be responsible for lost, stolen, mutilated, late, misdirected or ineligible entries that may occur in the administration of the Contest. Thyme Maternity will not be responsible under any conditions whatsoever for any problems or technical malfunctions relating to the Contest, for any printing or typographical errors or problems in connection with any Contest-related materials, or for any computer, online, human or technical malfunctions that may occur in the administration of the Contest, including problems with the Fan Page, the Contest Tab, the Contest Page, any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Thyme Maternity on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Contest or downloading any Contest-related materials.
- Subject to a contrary ruling by the Régie (defined below), if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to (i) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, technical malfunctions or any other causes corrupting or affecting the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest whether in connection with the Fan Page, the Contest Tab, the Contest Page or otherwise, (ii) insufficient entries, or (iii) due to any other cause beyond the control of Thyme Maternity, Thyme Maternity reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify an individual and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part and/or modify the Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Thyme Maternity reserves the right to prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANYONE TO DAMAGE OR DISRUPT THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST WILL BE CONSIDERED A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, REITMANS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- In the event of any dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, entries will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted during entry, but only if he or she meets all other eligibility criteria contained in the Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institutional, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Winner may be required to provide Thyme Maternity and/or Reitmans with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry, or forfeit the Prize.
- All entrants assume all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest, or the use or misuse of the Prize granted herein, including any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, costs, actions and causes of action with respect to the Prize (including without limitation, in connection with travel, if applicable). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, entrants release and forever discharge Reitmans and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, advisors, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, representatives, licensees, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, successors and assigns from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, costs, actions and causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with the Contest or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the Prize granted herein or any other prize that may be awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- It is each entrant’s sole responsibility to notify Thyme Maternity in writing at the address indicated above if he or she changes his or her telephone number, e-mail or mailing address or any other contact information. All corrections to the contact information of an entrant must be received by Thyme Maternity by the Entry Deadline.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, if any of the terms of the Rules are or become invalid, are ruled illegal by the Régie (defined below) or any court of competent jurisdiction, or are deemed unenforceable under the then current applicable laws, it is the intention of the parties hereto that the remainder of the Rules will not be affected thereby and will remain in full force and effect.
- For Québec entrants, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Each entrant is providing his or her information to Thyme Maternity and not to Facebook. By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to release and forever discharge Facebook from any and all claims, demands, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, losses and expenses arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest. If an entrant opts in at the time of entry to receive notifications via e-mail about upcoming promotions offered by Thyme Maternity as described in Section 6(A)(d)(v), the information he or she provides will be used for future communications from Thyme Maternity as described in Section 6(A)(d)(v) to the extent permitted by and in accordance with applicable law.
- For an additional set of the Rules and/or the Winner’s name, visit the Website or send a written request by self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure that sufficient postage is included) to: Reitmans (Canada) Limited, 250 Sauvé Street West, Montréal, Québec H3L 1Z2; ATTENTION: Thyme Maternity Customer Service.